Who Am I?

Toney, Alabama, United States
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, XML/X3D/VRML97 Designer, Consultant, Musician, Composer, Writer

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Practical World Building

This is a great site for practical world building experience. It isn't related to X3D but the advice is first rate. I found this on Bob Sutor's blog.

There are some very interesting analyses of costs to build worlds. I wonder if the advantages of standardization would reduce the costs. Note his comments about the high value of hand building over algorithmic generation for content stickiness. I couldn't agree more. I do wonder about the cost advantages of relying on XML, X3D and standards for server communications and if the cost advantages interfere with the need to produce a better or different world.

I also wonder if game-play centric worlds are a very different cost problem than the virtual world models.

No comments: