Who Am I?

Toney, Alabama, United States
Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, XML/X3D/VRML97 Designer, Consultant, Musician, Composer, Writer

Thursday, January 28, 2010

iPad

Beyond the incalculable blunder of the name (yes, our office jokes about this are the same as yours):



UPDATE: Thanks to Rob Koberg who sent this link, that point has been illustrated humorously by someone. Gotta love the web when it reacts fast and with the right spirit.

  • I've heard the cooing about consumers of books. I don't need it. I don't read that often.


  • I've heard the speculation about audio/midi. Thanks, I've got lots of those.


  • I've heard the games-du-jour rants. Thanks, I don't play games.


  • It's very cool. No thanks. I hate my cell phone.


  • You can watch hi-rez movies. No thanks. I have a Very Large Flatpanel for that and I can't drive and watch dinky 4:3 TV.


  • You're not our target demographic. Oh thank God for that.


  • $499 is CHEAP. Maybe, but only $999 is functional and I don't need a cute paperweight with hi-rez sparkles even if it sparkles for ten hours.


  • Arlo and Felicia are getting one. Good. She can ride on the back of his Indian and read to him. He'll like that.


  • YAG (yet another gadget). As the fellow said at CNet, iPass.

    1 comment:

    Len Bullard said...

    Fair enough. Doesn't mean we can't tell jokes.